How much trouble would I have converting?

avalanch

I'm using vbulletin 4 right now on my forums. My main concerns are converting the template/theme along with 301 redirecting urls from dbseo to the format xenforo uses. Another concern is mobile usability and of course pagespeed rankings.

One more thing is that my site is probably about average rating for alexa stats (in the top 550K atm), so if I convert, how quickly would google and other search engines recover the indexed pages, rankings etc? About a month, 3-4 months? What was your experience like in this regard?

So with that said, how easy or hard would it be to convert my current template?

Last edited:
The style would have to be reproduced from scratch in XF but it's not an impossible task.

You could get it close in less than an hour I suspect.

The rewrites aren't an issue - you can update to them to the new URLs.

XF is fully mobile compatible - you can test it on this site.

I can't comment on pagespeed/SEO stuff - I don't take any notice of it.

The template structure and CSS/Less is completely different between each forum software.

It isn't feasible to try and develop some sort of convertor.

As others have already pointed out - there really is no practical way to import styles from a completely different system.
It just wouldn't even be worth the effort.

Last edited:
Mobile usability of XenForo 2 is miles above what vBulletin 4 had to offer, as are web vitals.

All our XenForo 2 sites score 90+ Mobile/100 Desktop - none of our vBulletin 4 sites do.

There is a redirection Add-on for DBSeo, so this should be a non-issue as well.

Top Bottom