1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much to charge to send email to forum members?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mackeral_Fillet, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet Active Member

Hiya,

I've been approached by a company looking to market my forum niche related products via email to my members.

I've 3 motorcycle forums, the largest with around 7000 members, and in total over 10,000 members.

I can design and send it to my 10,000 members (using Sendy via Amazon SES to send bulk mail). Has anyone and idea of how much I should charge for this?

Cheers,
    Rob.

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How long is a piece of string.

What are they selling? How much margin do they make on it? What do they sell it for? How much would 10k targetted users cost them elsewhere?

3. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet Active Member

Thanks.

I used in in connection with @Stuart Wright avforums Competitions add-onto make it value added for members. I sent a mail to all registered users inviting them to take part in the competition.

4. DaveL

DaveL Well-Known Member

How many members are going to be pee'd off that your spamming their inbox?

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Our newsletters look like this https://www.avforums.com/pages/newsletter/ and people should charge as much as they can get for sending a newsletter.
    Look around to find out what other people charge for newsletters. It will vary, but don't undersell yours. If you let it go for pennies, it will only be worth pennies to that same customer next time.

The Forum Heroes likes this.