How much script power for xenforo needed?

snoopy5

Hi,

I have two options with my webhoster. The only difference between the two is the script power, Both do not seem superbe in this feature, so I would like to know whether I will see/feel a difference at all with xenforo or with addons or with email sending out of xenforo.

option #1 has 128MB RAM and a CPU time of 60 seconds for scripts.
option #2 has 256MB RAM and the same 60 seconds CPU time for scripts.

So will I see/feel a difference between 128MB RAM and 256MB RAM for the scripts?

I have around 30 addons in xenforo and send emails to around 30.000 users each week within xenforo but with an smtp email address.

Thanks

You definitely don't want 128mb, but both are quite low. Depending on what you're doing (especially the mailing) you might find yourself with out of memory errors.

You definitely don't want 128mb, but both are quite low. Depending on what you're doing (especially the mailing) you might find yourself with out of memory errors.

Which numbers would you recommend to avoid any trouble for xenforo and my mailings?

Perhaps I spoke too soon without enough info.

Is the 128/256 for your entire account (i.e. using CloudLinux or such), or is that the PHP memory limit? If that's strictly the PHP limit, you're probably going to be okay with the 256. If that's your limit for the entire cPanel account, then you're likely going to run into problems.

I would happily set you up your own VPS if you want, for free. NGINX, MariaDB 10.2, PHP-FPM 7.1, ngx_pagespeed if not using cloud flare, otherwise you won't need that either, with full mail support.

A standard SSD VPS 1 core with 1Gb RAM costs $5 a month. You need 2 domains, one for the FQDN and then your normal domain to be used. No need to worry about such things then.

If you're happy sticking with what you're doing, my default PHP settings are:

max_execution_time = 5
max_input_time = 60

Your server should be processing PHP no more than 500ms, and if anything takes longer than 60 seconds to achieve, i.e. upload, there are issues.

So 60 seconds should be more than adequate on an optimal server setup.

Top Bottom