How much do I purchase xenforo with all the add-ons?

Krakye1

Please I really look forward to manage a web discussion website with xenforo ..but I have no knowledge in programming, infact I know nothing at all about codes. Is it possible for me to still use xenforo?? If yes tell me all I need ASAP.. thank you. Waiting for a timely response.

You don't need to know coding to use any major forum software.

It helps, of course, but the same would be true of managing any piece of software where you have access to the source code.

You don't need to know coding to use any major forum software.

It helps, of course, but the same would be true of managing any piece of software where you have access to the source code.
Thank you very much my brother ... I just like the way xenforo is simple but I have no knowledge about even how to install it.. I only need the total purchase figures( thus with all the add-ons). After purchasing will xenforo staff assist me to set it up for it to look like this community??

Thank you very much my brother ... I just like the way xenforo is simple but I have no knowledge about even how to install it.. I only need the total purchase figures( thus with all the add-ons). After purchasing will xenforo staff assist me to set it up for it to look like this community??
Xenforo staff will install it for you for an additional fee of $50. Your forum will look identical to wut you see here.

Xenforo staff will install it for you for an additional fee of $50. Your forum will look identical to wut you see here.
Thank you.. please with the $50 added as the additional fee for the staff that will install it for me, how much will the xenforo package with all the add-ons cost... Hope I need to as well get the domain ready☹☹☹

Thank you.. please with the $50 added as the additional fee for the staff that will install it for me, how much will the xenforo package with all the add-ons cost... Hope I need to as well get the domain ready☹☹☹
Software = $160
Installation fee= $50
Total= $210

I recommend that you consider carefully which add-on you need. Set up your forum first and then you can worry about the add-ons. There are too many available.

when u say "all the addons".............its not exactly that simple...unless you mean only gallery, search, and resource manager....but that info is already listed.......you sort of need to go thru the addons(there are ALOT) and see which ones would benefit your project specifically....

in general try to use only the ones you really want and be sure they are well supported...then you can minimize some future upgrading issues...

Last edited:
The resource manager and the media gallery are both an additional $65 each. Enhanced search which you would not need for a while (mainly for bigger forums) is an additional $55.

So your looking at these figures below:

• Xenforo 2 license: $160
  • Media Gallery $65
  • Resource Manager $65
  • Professional Installation $50
Your total without enhanced search is $340 plus VAT if your country has it which mine didn't so there was no tax when I bought mine

If for some reason you are intent on including enhanced search anyway then it's $395 total.

You get 1 year of updates and ticket support free and when that license expires you can still keep the software but you just can't download updates past when it expired until you renew. The renewal cost for a year of updates and support is $55 and with the media gallery and resource manager added in it's an additional $15 each added to the renewal cost totaling $85 to renew for a year. Enhanced search is an extra $10 which would be $95 if you decided you wanted that.

You seem like you just mainly needed the numbers straightforward so there you go. Good luck with Xenforo. It's a great software to use you will love it. And no once it's installed the admin panel is mostly all you need to know. As the above users said you need a web host, a domain name (.com, .net, or .org as an example). After it's installed just learning how to use the admin panel is all there is. And it's fairly straightforward. Most of it is quite easy to learn. You can have a style which is optional and there are tons in the resource manager already for you to check out. Most of it is very easy and straightforward after it's installed minus the style portion which you can get covered by purchasing a theme already made.

Good luck!

Hello,

I would advise you not to purchase any addons. You should become familiar with the core software and only after that you can see what else on top of that you would need. I would argue you would waste your money if you purchased addons.

That means 160$ for the core software.

On top of that you need to buy a domain (most likely around 10$).

And then you need to rent a server to host your forum. The cost varies between 5$-50$/per month, depends on what you want.

Last edited:
when u say "all the addons".............its not exactly that simple...unless you mean only gallery, search, and resource manager....but that info is already listed.......you sort of need to go thru the addons(there are ALOT) and see which ones would benefit your project specifically....

in general try to use only the ones you really want and be sure they are well supported...then you can minimize some future upgrading issues...
Thank you very very much ...I like how you responded quickly... Your piece will be very useful..

Hello,

I would advise you not to purchase any addons. You should become familiar with the core software and only after that you can see what else on top of that you would need. I would argue you would waste your money if you purchased addons.

That means 160$ for the core software.

In top of that you need to buy a domain (most likely around 10$).

And then you need to rent a server to host your forum. The cost varies between 5$-50$/per month, depends on what you want.
Very well said ...thank you very much for your advice..

Once I purchase the software and pay for the Installation the person himself is going to add all the categories for me upon my recommendations or he is going to show me how to do it?? No knowledge in codes thats what makes me ask these plenty questions...

Once I purchase the software and pay for the Installation the person himself is going to add all the categories for me upon my recommendations or he is going to show me how to do it?? No knowledge in codes thats what makes me ask these plenty questions...
It's real easy to do. IMO you should learn how to do it by playing around.

Please can someone out of charity link up with me on WhatsApp(+233502222912) and take me through the xenforo features bit by bit(with videos) whiles I await to purchase the software??

I don't think anyone can give you an answer without knowing exactly what you're up to.

No one currently knows what addons you need or if you want a different style.

We pay about $1700 a year for the software and the server.

But you will get 100 different answers here. Some people don't need extra addons. Some don't have their own server but only a webhoster.

Top Bottom