How much is my adspace worth? Need your opinions.

Jeffin

I have no idea how to price my forum adspace. I have received few inquiries in the past and turned them down but since my hosting costs have gone up I have decided to rent out an adspace in the sidebar of my forum home page. From a buyers point of view how much do you think should I ask for a 336x280 banner for a month? My google analytics stats is attached. Thanks. :)

Attachments

Your adspace is worth the same like all other adspaces. ;-) There is a common market price per 1000 views (CPM) for IAP sized ads in your region too.

If someone sees an ad at your site why should it be worth less as if somebody sees the same ad at eg. Facebook?

True, Facebook earns more because it can sell much more ad views. But per view, the price should be the same.

Jeffin, there are various ways to look at this....

First, the "bulk" way - if you have a lot of visitors from a wide area. In that case, you should use some google adsense ads and study how much you are getting paid (approx). A good guide might be that a private and targeted client would pay 2 to 3X the adsense rate.

The advertising world is very strange! Some companies pay 10X or 100X what an ad spot is really worth. This is for a number of reasons, usually that they are spending someone else's money or being misled.

Due to the nature of your site, you also may want to ban certain ads or advertisers (adsense lets you do that also).

I hope that helps you a little.

A dollar per 1000 impressions is reasonable. Considering you probably have to pay VAT over it etc.

Don't compare the revenue from generic crap ads from google with probably a highly targeted advertiser that is willing to work with you on your site.

I have no idea how to price my forum adspace. I have received few inquiries in the past and turned them down but since my hosting costs have gone up I have decided to rent out an adspace in the sidebar of my forum home page. From a buyers point of view how much do you think should I ask for a 336x280 banner for a month? My google analytics stats is attached. Thanks. :)
When i had similiar stats to you, i was charging $50 per month (min 3 month contract).

Aside from the ad space worth, you have a very very high bounce rate, and need to convert more of the people landing on your website to become regular users.

Thank you for your suggestions. I've set the rate at $75/month. Just waiting for a good advertiser.

Oops, I thought the ad displaying on your forum would be a global ad showing on all pages but its only visible on the forum_list. Are the analytics from all the pages? If so you have to lower your price for sure.

Why not use some adsense instead. I am sure that the religion niche would give you a lot of relevant ads.

Oops, I thought the ad displaying on your forum would be a global ad showing on all pages but its only visible on the forum_list. Are the analytics from all the pages? If so you have to lower your price for sure.

Why not use some adsense instead. I am sure that the religion niche would give you a lot of relevant ads.

Yes, the analytics is from all the pages and the ad is only in the forum list. Adsense doesn't pay much. I tried it for a month.
I too felt I might have overpriced it. May be I will lower it after some time.

You have similar traffic stats to me. I have a single direct sale advert on my site, which is displayed after the first post in each thread.

All the other adverts are Google Adsense. You need to use it for more than a month to build it up. You also need to experiment with you site and find the best place for the advert to generate the best income. Even then, banner size plays a part in how well the ad will do in the specific places.

You have similar traffic stats to me. I have a single direct sale advert on my site, which is displayed after the first post in each thread.

All the other adverts are Google Adsense. You need to use it for more than a month to build it up. You also need to experiment with you site and find the best place for the advert to generate the best income. Even then, banner size plays a part in how well the ad will do in the specific places.

I'm rejoining Google Adsense. Makes life easier when they manage it themselves. Like you said, I'll experiment with with ad types and at different locations for few months. I'm a little impatient sometimes. :D

What's the template to change for Ad after first post? Never mind, I got it. :)

Also created Account upgrades for those who don't want to see ads.

Last edited:
In your adsense panel go to "Allow & Block ads" and then "Sensitve Categories" and allow "religion". Its one of the categories I have disabled (hardcore atheist, sorry :D) but will do very well on your site for sure (y)

I have sensitive categories turned off but religion is allowed. :D I had already blocked a few sites the last time I experimented with adsense. They were mostly naughty ads.

Trying to reply to your pm, but somethings wrong.. the reply just wont post. Worked when I used sent via 'more options'. Quick reply didn't work.

Top Bottom