How much do you charge for user upgrades on your own forum?

cdub

I know it depends on the site - but I was wondering what other people are doing?

I'm planning on creating a "Supporting Member" user upgrade where ads would be hidden and they would be able to upload and add resources. I'm just trying to gauge what others have been charging for similar upgrades and what success they've had.

I have a "tip jar" where people can become donors for $2 a month or $24 a year. The only perk is no ads and a little donor banner below their avatar.

I think I have 12-15 who donate.

I've been thinking of other perks I might provide but it's not anything I've pushed.

I charge £10 per year, but it gives them extra features on the forum, plus access to a discount code to use in our online shop. This can save the members quite a bit of money on larger orders, so they get their membership fee back pretty much straight away

discount.webp

You charge based on what they get. If you're going to charge $20 for a month, then make sure the perks are worth it. If all you're going to do is give them a donator userbar or something, then of course the price should be considerably less. I normally advise to start out with no paid subscription, and only introduce it when you have an active userbase and when it's required or requested.

Top Bottom