How Many Styles Do You Have Installed?

How many styles do you have installed on your forum?

Votes: 35 29.2%

Votes: 36 30.0%

Votes: 13 10.8%

Votes: 7 5.8%

• 5 - 10

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • 11 - 25

• 26 - 50

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • More than 50

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
How many styles / skins do you have installed on your forum?

I'm not particularly interested in the forum software on which they are installed or if they are available for members to choose, I'm just curious as to how many styles are actually installed.

If you want to create a post to say how many you have, along with the software you are running, it's all good data :)

Thanks.

(Yes, I know the poll options are a bit mental, but if there are any sites out there with 50+ styles installed, I want to know about it!)

Just the one.

I need to tightly control the layout of my site due to the content so there is just one, fixed width style.

I considered introducing some more styles with alternative colours but I don't want to dilute the 'brand' - site design, logo, etc.

Two,

Desktop and Mobile (switches to based on user agent "so add this feature :P")

On neowin.net we use Two as well, but one of them have sub skins, with color variants.

I have 2 currently, vBulletin 3.8, both user selectable. :)

Got one converted over to XF, the other just doesn't look like it's going to work.

I currently have two and felt I will stick with two but in reality it never pans out that way and I always end up developing many styles which are viewable by members.

Reality, the style count will most probably be 5-6 styles.

Our standard style, and a mobile style that is used just on mobile devices.

At one point we had a 3rd (was just a color change of out standard style), but ended up deleting it when we "outgrew" giving users the option to pick how they want the site to look. :) It was more work managing an extra style, and there's something to be said about website/brand consistency.

We have 3 installed on our xf forum and 24 on our vb 3.8 forum (which we are planning to convert to xf at some point soon). We'll be adding more to the xf forum as and when I have time to get them done - or when I manage to have someone help me cos it's going to be a long time if it's just me lol!

11-25. The actual number changes sometime, but it’s usually somewhere in the lower part of that range (although only a few of those are user-selectable – the forum hosts the forums of several websites as separate categories, and each of those has it’s own design).
Running vBulletin at the moment.

Generally two, the default and whatever custom skin I have made for that site. For the though my XF install is pretty vanilla, just the default skin and the Stop Forum Spam mod.

FWIW, I'm in the 11-25 group, as one of my sites has a bunch of styles that are there as tests and are not available to end users. (vBulletin 3.8.x)

Screen shot 2011-02-02 at 22.19.57.webp

Top Bottom