How many people have you told about XenForo?

How many people have you told about XenForo?

• Total voters

Forsaken

I've basically told all the administrators I know about it because many of them aren't satisfied with what they're currently using, and trying to get more sales for when Mike and Kier are ready to release ;p.

I think right now, I've told about 30 administrators, and 10-15 developers (Most of which are working on me on a project, and will probably be releasing some of our custom mods).

EDIT: Should have done larger splits...

Can a mod edit it to be: 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 60+?

Thanks. 

I've basically told all the administrators I know about it because many of them aren't satisfied with what they're currently using, and trying to get more sales for when Mike and Kier are ready to release ;p.

I think right now, I've told about 30 administrators, and 10-15 developers (Most of which are working on me on a project, and will probably be releasing some of our custom mods).

EDIT: Should have done larger splits...

Can a mod edit it to be: 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 60+?

Thanks.
Is that any better?

I assume when you ask this your talking in general not just people interested in setting up their own forum powered by XF?

This is what i based my answer on as i look at as if users like the layout and look and smoothness of this software people who run forums will see XF as a more viable option in the vast competition in the world of scripts. That in my opinion means telling users too.

If were talking about people we've told that have a good chance of buying ... my #'s drop down to about >5 and <15 potential customers.

I've told several forum owners for which I did work, and while most of them are impressed with what they saw, they are not too technical and their first question is: Will it work on my site ?

I know Kier said that since due to their vBulletin experience, there's already a vBulletin importer in place, so hopefully when xF is released we can see firsthand if it meets the "ordinary Joe" expectations and move on with migration.

I spoke with 9 Admin's. They are all very interested.
But, all I asked: Where are all our pictures? This is, at the moment, the biggest problem.

I spoke with 9 Admin's. They are all very interested.
But, all I asked: Where are all our pictures? This is, at the moment, the biggest problem.

This is the same with everyone I talked to for the most part... not just pictures or albums but more specifically a media based landing page that only registered users can add things to , there is work arounds of course, youtubes, streaming radio and image hosts, but most people I talk to want to keep people at their site and the people want to have their media seen as theirs. including a way to do that helps me make my selling point to them, even if everyone doesn't need it, the people who aren't resourceful / experienced enough want built in functionality do. The biggest thing I'm finding is people that want to get youtube's branding off of their vids and music and make it look more professional and instead of a youtube channel a X_forum users media page is what they see. Only reason i bring it up here is that I've been told it's not a necessity so its probably not going to happen and it ties in directly with what your saying.
Think this way...
If i have a video hosted on your forum and it's in the media directory , when i embed it somewhere else I'm bringing traffic to your site with my content.

Also I know a LOT of artists and musicians (not mainstream) and most have seen what i do with my private installation of vB and they want it but the way I integrated video into it is too complex for them to use as far as adding their own vids. If this was a feature that was implemented I would have already sold 7 additional copies of vB within the past 6 months. The reason I see this as pertainent to the topic is that 7 users who would ptherwise be paying customers and those are just examples of people I know who have seen my example and had their brains jump-started as to how this could be a solution for them.

Since I left vBulletin I have spoken to thousands of unhappy and happy customers about the potential of converting or upgrading their site to something better. I told them to just hold of wasting money on vBulletin 4 or IPB 3.1 and see if anything new would join the market.

After hints by Kier on twitter earlier this summer and a quick database search for a registered company address, we had some solid hints. My confidence has grown and with Mikey finding the XenForo group on Facebook (see blog entry about all this on xenfans.com) we felt it was confirmed: A new player will join the market.

Since the end of June we've been keeping a stalking eye on Mike and Kier and learned and confirmed quite some new information. And when the XenForo site opened I felt confident enough after DemoDay to inform those who were still asking to give XenForo.com a try. These were a few good friends who have always been in my eyes involved with forums and social networks, and through them more people learned about it.

Once it became properly public that this is going to be a commercial script that will go on sale at some point - hopefully further down the line this year - I have been holding back doing aggressive word of mouth, instead, I have kept it limited to those who asked about vB, IPB, phpBB, etc, and relayed them to test out XenForo with the msg "I think you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was when you see it".

All these people have talked to me in private on Skype, MSN, AIM, irc.xenfans.com, or via xenfans.com - And the shared consensus is: Not underwhelmed, actually overwhelmed, very promising, will certainly hold of upgrading to vB/IPB/etc.

On my wetalk network we've chosen to not "spam" xenforo yet via our newsletter to 20,000 users who receive it, (on wetalk we also run vbfans.com) but to inform them that I am building a new site called xenfans.com that's about xenforo. Those in the world of forums will get the hint and check things out, others will surely have skipped over the phrase.

I've done the same via my signature at vBulletin.com, my 37,500+ post count links to xenfans.com.

I feel I have played my part with an initial wave of word of mouth regarding XenForo, without overwhelming Kier/Mike much more than needed. The product is in alpha stage, for me that means that we're privileged here to see it, use it, test it, give feedback and find bugs. A great way as forum owners to learn it before it hits the market. Therefor I feel it's not needed to go full throttle advertising and promoting XenForo at this point, there's space for that in the future when there's a download and purchase option.

But I am confident I can click 60+

We at XenFans have worked hard during July to come up with plans about how to help promote XenForo when the time is right. Step 1 complete: Get our friends that follow us to become aware that there's a XenFans site, because of XenForo software.

I have only told a selected few others that run other software's out there. The only reason i have done this is to offer them a taste of what better and perfection is. Since telling them i have gotten email and pm's and calls about how they feel about xF.

I am not surprised to find out that all of them agree with one thing, this is headed to be one of the best and most functional forum scripts out there. Plus the fact that they also loved it when they saw it for what it was and for what was functional.

Will i continue to advocate for xF, yes, why not? Not only will i advocate for it, but i will help spread the word any way i can when it is ready to be released. For now i am laying low as others here so not to cause Mike & Kier to much havoc with questions, and people bugging about when it is going to be released.

2 so far. I have very pragmatic take on this and a couple of things need to get solved before I'm totally convinced.

If I like a feature and even more so feel at home (which is daily here) on the company forums I tweet about my experiences, features that are added so I've essentially told thousands via twitter. On a personal basis, I've mentioned it quite a few times.More than I can count anyway.

What I do plan on doing is getting my brothers school to use xenforo so I'll be alerting them of this possible solution which I know will perfectly suit what they need being what it is in it's early infancy, I'll be offering my services to them in building and maintaining their website. I have a few clients that will be using this solution because the solutions they need is a light, easy to navigate unbloated housing platform which xenforo is. So looking in the future (which is not to far away) I can see many of my associates accepting Xenforo for what it is and at the same time being happy.

I like the direction this product is going (I'm amazed where it will go) especially in a certain areas so I know that (judging by the work Kier and Mike) have done which is such a high standard my faith in the project is justified and am overall excited, happy in telling and recommending this product to anyone. As long as it fits and works for their community which in most cases for people starting out will.

10wof8g.png
I like this!!!

I've mentioned on one of my websites, and spoke to two people who run busy community vB forums for towns near me. One says he will be coming to XenForo once it matures a little. His site has the following statistics so would be nice to see on a large site:

Threads: 46,500, Posts: 790,644, Members: 18,192

I've stuck it on Facebook and Twitter, sent out an email to the forum I intend on migrating it to, as well as posted on some other forums. So potentially about 25,000?

Top Bottom