How many people develop XF now?

SeaDog

As someone who is wondering about swapping their large forum to the xF platform, I was curious to know how many people (post lawsuit) are actually responsible for the coding and development? Obviously I know about Mike and can see he's very active, but is it mainly him and Kier chips in from time to time? Or are there are other paid coders who names are less 'famous'? I just want to get an idea of how big the operation is and whether the development is based on the work of just 1/2 coders or is the 'risk' more spread?

I didn't want to open a debate really, it was just a straight question :)

But to answer your question, there is a risk (no-one wants to really think about it, but sometimes unfortunate things can happen - Mike might trap his hand in the door or something!) of having the future of a script in the hands of just 1 or 2 people.

Kier and I are both full-time devs and obviously there are other people involved in other ways (Ashley, Slavik, Jake, Lawrence, Brogan...).
Cheers Mike - keep your hands clear of that door and whatever you do - don't blame me if I jinxed you - break a leg! (not literally, argh!)

You're totally right, I'd feel safer if I had this amount of staff:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...20-vbulletin-staff-updated-november-28th-2012

because we know what that many people are capable of.

I'm not sure why people have to bring IB/VB in to things - or is it an unwritten rule here that all threads have to mention that company at some point! ;)

Reactions: HWS
I'm not sure why people have to bring IB/VB in to things - or is it an unwritten rule here that all threads have to mention that company at some point! ;)

Perhaps there'll be no innovation if xF is only competing with itself. And I think we are all proud of xF because xF is now a threat for vB. :)

Now that the lawsuit is consigned to history - the future looks very bright for Xenforo.

One would hope that as the software, ownership, sales and renewals all grow - so too will the Xenforo company. (y)

IIRC Invision were just a two or three-man band at the start? ;)

Mike with 2 broken hands could still code better than all of <insert alternative/competing product here> dev's all put together :)(y)

there is still a hugely important question which has been left unanswered to the community:

who is faster with coding?
Mike with 2 broken hands or Kier coding with his feet ? :barefoot:

1D400615-680.jpg

Reactions: Sim
Top Bottom