How many lines of code are there currently?

You'd have a rough guess if you opened up every file and counted how many lines it extended on each file... but opening all the HTML, CSS, JS, PHP... plus the jQuery library which is big as it is...

You'd have a rough guess if you opened up every file and counted how many lines it extended on each file... but opening all the HTML, CSS, JS, PHP... plus the jQuery library which is big as it is...
loool
i hope you're jocking...

there are sooo many tools out there to measure loc and other metric software values

PHP:
echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false';
vs
PHP:
if ($some_var)
{
    echo "true";
}
else
{
    echo "false";
}

Why is lines of code important again?

Call me crazy but perhaps if we use less lines of text, that could effectively increase fasting loading on a browser? Of course the speed most likely won't be a huge difference, however if a lot of lines are to be shortened, then perhaps we could save seconds?

Call me crazy but perhaps if we use less lines of text, that could effectively increase fasting loading on a browser? Of course the speed most likely won't be a huge difference, however if a lot of lines are to be shortened, then perhaps we could save seconds?
Whitespace in PHP doesn't really matter. Although more than just whitespace is changed in the examples Andy provided, the speed difference in that example would be close to nothing, if not nothing. But yes, eliminating whitespace in files sent to the browser (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) does save time. It's known as minimization. :)

It doesn't really work like that. If you test Andy Huang's examples above, there would be no measurable difference in execution time.

Top Bottom