How many Days Valid Xenforo License

Mahesh Naidu

I had a small doubt
after buying xenforo how many days this license valid,

after how many days we need to renewal this license,

Thanks&Regards

Suppose after 1 year I can't Purchase Annual updates and support can be purchased for $40. Still can i use forum in my site alive like normal use

and if any new version release that new version includes annual updates or separate fee

Suppose after 1 year I can't Purchase Annual updates and support can be purchased for $40. Still can i use forum in my site alive like normal use

and if any new version release that new version includes annual updates or separate fee

If you buy today 10/23/2013, you'll have access to updates through 10/23/2014. At that point you can renew for $40 giving you another year from the day of renewal. If you choose not to renew you can still use your XenForo forum, however you will not receive updates until you renew.

Security fixes are free though I believe :)

Your license is for life.
The annual updates and support are $40 a year (allows you to get the latest and greatest version and submit tickets for support)
If you don't purchase the annual update you cannot upgrade to the latest release nor can you submit tickets after your 12 month period from initial purchase expires.
You can still post in the forum for support even if you haven't paid for the annual update.

The only thing I've not been clear on is when XF 2.0 is eventually released will our licenses still be valid?

Do we currently own a license to XF or XF 1.x?
If you are on 1.2.2 now and say bought it in October 2013 - if "2.0" is released before October 2014 you get it as an upgrade. If it is released AFTER October 2014 you can continue running your current version but to get "2.0" you will need to pay for the annual update. You don't have to do it every year unless you want to keep current on the updates. If in 18 months you decide you want to get "2.0" then all you have to do is pay $40 for annual support and you are entitled to 12 months from the date of payment of upgrades/support.

If you are on 1.2.2 now and say bought it in October 2013 - if "2.0" is released before October 2014 you get it as an upgrade. If it is released AFTER October 2014 you can continue running your current version but to get "2.0" you will need to pay for the annual update. You don't have to do it every year unless you want to keep current on the updates. If in 18 months you decide you want to get "2.0" then all you have to do is pay $40 for annual support and you are entitled to 12 months from the date of payment of upgrades/support.

Has that ever been clarified? I understand how the annual support works but I've never seen it stated if that carries over to XF 2.0.

Has that ever been clarified? I understand how the annual support works but I've never seen it stated if that carries over to XF 2.0.
True... I would "assume" that it will tho'. There is always the possibility of a "version upgrade" cost. I doubt if we will be seeing 2.0 anytime in the near future tho.

As it currently stands, 2.0 will be included in the standard upgrades. If that policy changes, it will be announced by either Mike, Kier, or Ashley.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not trying to be difficult but can you do that (say it's a matter of "policy"), as surely it's a matter of what the terms were when we bought the license?

Edit: I'd happily but a new XF 2.0 license when the time comes if that was required :-)

Yes, the "policy" would be the License Agreement, but XenForo Ltd. reserves the right to modify the terms within the License Agreement and before you can download again, you must agree to the new License Agreement.

Top Bottom