1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How many clicks to turn off all email notifications?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ForestForTrees, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

What is the minimum number of clicks that a user can make to prevent all future email notifications while still remaining a valid user?

To stop getting email notifications on all watched threads:
    I count this as 3 clicks: 1: navigate to link 2: confirm 3: go back

To turn off site mailings and conversations messages
    4 clicks ( 1 to navigate, 2 to set options, and 1 to save)

Prevent future email notifications
    6 clicks to turn off the four "and receive email notifications" options

Is there an easier way to do this? I didn't include the clicks it takes to turn off notifications related to watched tags, resources, or media because I didn't see a single link to turn off emails for them. I'd like to have a single link to send to people so they can turn off emails related to watched tags, though.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There is no single click to turn everything off.
    You could set some or all of these as off BT default for new regulations by adjusting the settings in the ACP.
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I've always been of the philosophy of opting people OUT of receiving email alerts at registration. If they want to receive it, then they specifically need to go in and enable that option.
  4. ForestForTrees

ForestForTrees Well-Known Member

I totally respect that, but I like having them on by default, like they do here. Most of my users probably wouldn't turn them on and I think it increases engagement.

Any other tips for decreasing the number of clicks it would take to turn them off?
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Until it's changed in core - maybe engage the services of a dev to write an add-on for it. Should be fairly simple to do.