1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How import translated phrases for an add-on?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fredrikse, May 31, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Hi!

I have a local installation of Xenforo which I am now installing on the public web server. From the language part I have exported the specific phrases for an translated add-on. But how do I import the XML file in my new installation? It does not seem right when I look at the end result. I end up with another row in the language summary which says "Swedish".

Any help is appreciated.

/F

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It created a new language when you imported the XML. You can select that as default (using the radio bubble on the language page) and then delete the original language.

3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Alright. I see. Will give that a try. Thanks!

4. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I tried and removed the old swedish version. Now the base langauge of the forum is english with the xml I just imported. Worth mentioning is that I only exported the phrases for the conversation essentials add-on.

5. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

When I choose to export only the phrases for an add-on, only those phrases will be exported at the end? I tried that and imported it as a child to the parent language which is Swedish in my case. The phrases that should appear in swedish are still in english.

6. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

It seems like the solution to my problem was to import the phrases for my add-on and overwrite existing language. Now the add-on phrases was merged correctly.

7. Recep Baltaş

Recep Baltaş Well-Known Member

Funny that there is no guide on how to install and add-on translation...