How has the recent PageRank update affected your forum?

Kaiser

Well when I heard that it was updated I was so happy because it was about time.. I was expecting only about a PR1, but when I went to check it I saw that adminbb.org is now ranked at a PR3. We went straight from PR0 to PR3 in the 6 months that we have been around. Hopefully its the same for you guys with your PR's increasing.

Congrats to XenForo with the PR4!, how has the recent PageRank update affected your forum?

Don't really understand the whole PR system, to be honest.

A site I help run has much lower traffic than a rival site, but we now have a higher PR?

Don't really understand the whole PR system, to be honest.

A site I help run has much lower traffic than a rival site, but we now have a higher PR?
Page Rank explained in the simplest terms a visible toolbar that shows how many backlinks a site may have.

It's really nothing to spend to much time in, work on quality content. You can look up the word LinkBait to get a ton of backlinks with very little work..

No offence, but who cares about PR Rank, it doesn't guarantee to get you listed at the top of Google search pages above all other sites with a less PR rank than you. So what does it matter? People searching generally visit the sites listed on the first search page, only moving onto other pages if they don't find what they wanted there first.

You can have a page rank of 300 and 700 articles about XenForo listed, but enter the keyword XenForo and this site with a PR4 will get listed above yours every day of the week.

Drives me crazy all this Google PR rubbish!

I was at 2 a while ago but I switched severs and set up a .info version on the old server... IE my content was duplicated and so I believe that's why i lost my PR. I've yet to fix it but tbh unless I'm selling links PR doesn't mean poo poo to me anymore.

How do you check pagerank? My site dropped when I made it private and it will probably continue to drop.

*shrugs*

Top Bottom