1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How has the recent PageRank update affected your forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kaiser, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Well when I heard that it was updated I was so happy because it was about time.. I was expecting only about a PR1, but when I went to check it I saw that adminbb.org is now ranked at a PR3. We went straight from PR0 to PR3 in the 6 months that we have been around. Hopefully its the same for you guys with your PR's increasing.

Congrats to XenForo with the PR4!, how has the recent PageRank update affected your forum?
  2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

vb MYPG IS 3
    than XF = PG0
    NOW = PG2

:) I am cool with it, because i simply luv XF
    Kaiser likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Mind elaborating a bit more, kind of hard to understand.
  4. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

My site is only a few moths old and it's PR2, not too bad I guess.
    Kaiser likes this.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Congrats, not bad at all (y) Did you get the PR2 after this recent update?
  6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

No idea, this is the first time I've checked my new site against the PR Checker.
  7. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

My site is PR3 now; never looked at it before to know what it was.
  8. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Don't really understand the whole PR system, to be honest.

A site I help run has much lower traffic than a rival site, but we now have a higher PR?
  9. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Same and don't really care tbh.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Page Rank explained in the simplest terms a visible toolbar that shows how many backlinks a site may have.

It's really nothing to spend to much time in, work on quality content. You can look up the word LinkBait to get a ton of backlinks with very little work..
  11. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

No offence, but who cares about PR Rank, it doesn't guarantee to get you listed at the top of Google search pages above all other sites with a less PR rank than you. So what does it matter? People searching generally visit the sites listed on the first search page, only moving onto other pages if they don't find what they wanted there first.

You can have a page rank of 300 and 700 articles about XenForo listed, but enter the keyword XenForo and this site with a PR4 will get listed above yours every day of the week.

Drives me crazy all this Google PR rubbish!
  12. DerTobi75

DerTobi75 Active Member

Looks like, my site went from PR3 down to PR2 ;-(
  13. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. My PR is 1 but I show at the top position of a google search and that's what matters to me.
    Adam Howard, DerTobi75 and JVCode like this.
  14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Where's adminbb.org ?
  15. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Page ranks are funny....

When I worry about them and try hard, they go down (or up, depending on how you look at it). :confused:
    When I don't care and do nothing about them, they do just fine. o_O

Google.com rates a 9

Mine typically varies between 2 - 4

16. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I went from 5 to zero (after switching from vB to XF) and then back to 5 in about 4 months.
  17. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I was at 2 a while ago but I switched severs and set up a .info version on the old server... IE my content was duplicated and so I believe that's why i lost my PR. I've yet to fix it but tbh unless I'm selling links PR doesn't mean poo poo to me anymore.
  18. whyweprotest

whyweprotest Well-Known Member

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How do you check pagerank? My site dropped when I made it private and it will probably continue to drop.

20. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Just google page rank checker or download the PR checker for firefox/chrome etc.