How easy or difficult is it to integrate the forum userbase with third party mod

Renegade

Since there are no takers for my paid add-on request on xenforo, I am planning to get it done from outside.

Other freeelancers of course will not have as much competency in working on XenForo. So my question is how difficult will it be to integrate the userbase and a couple of page view permissions to an add-on developed outside xenforo environment.

Is there something specific that I should tell the developer to keep in mind?

If one is familiar enough with OOP, difficulty shouldn't be that much of an issue. Otherwise I'd just direct them to viewing the thread here as they are very helpful with starting an add-on.

You could also have them post in the add-on developer forums to get any questions answered they may have during development.

if your addon is going to use a very common name "chatbox" for example, it may be smart to double prefix it with addondeveloper_addonname_tablename that way if you install another similar feature in the future they don't clash.

So finally the add-on is done and I have mixed feelings about the outcome. I am absolutely not satisfied but there are a few things I can live with.

What I absolutely cannot live with is the fact that the addon's breadcrumb is stuck on one static link. And the URL are not user friendly, they do not display the name but the article number in the URL.

Are these things too hard to build/integrate?

What I absolutely cannot live with is the fact that the addon's breadcrumb is stuck on one static link. And the URL are not user friendly, they do not display the name but the article number in the URL.

Are these things too hard to build/integrate?
IMHO your developer didn't make a good job...
They are absolutely not hard to implement

So finally the add-on is done and I have mixed feelings about the outcome. I am absolutely not satisfied but there are a few things I can live with.
May as well post who did the work so that others don't get stuck with the same dev.

Well as posted earlier he is not a XF coder but if I do notice him around I will let everyone know :P

IMHO he was a good coder, but he got a "bad" example add-on, where he tried to "learned" how to code add-ons
My 0.02$:)

Wish I could say more about that without hurting the example add-on developer.

Anyway which add-on would you suggest as a good example. :)

Wish I could say more about that without hurting the example add-on developer.

Anyway which add-on would you suggest as a good example. :)
LN Blog is a good example of doing things standard to the XenForo code base (at least in my opinion).

Onimua put a lot of effort in being as clean and efficient in his work.

Top Bottom