How easy is it to integrate with the upload box?

calorie

From an add-on point of view, I'd like to see something whereby I could easily integrate with the upload box. My preliminary idea would be to have something to select what content type the file being uploaded should be associated with, such as CMS, blog, gallery, post, wiki, page, block, widget, (whatever you want to call them) or a combination of content types. ;)

Maybe a bit too early to tell? PHP Event Locations haven't been discussed in full, nor are their spots, if any, known. I am sure there aren't even that many yet and when versions grow more will be added. From what I understand there are some (hooks) in the system.

Might be early but perhaps something for the devs to consider?

In the same vein, how easy is it to integrate with the search? It would be cool to have it where you could take the query and pass it to an add-on and have it pull in those search results too.

I can't say that I specifically follow what you're trying to do, but both the search and the attachment systems have generic underpinnings, that allow you to create content type-specific handlers but reuse all the base functionality.

Top Bottom