How does Xenforo Google Integration work?

Baby Community

Hello friends today I will tell you how to install the integration between google and xenforo forum. First of all, we need to have our gmail and google account. We're entering our account.

https://console.developers.google.com/console

Then we are connected to my account.

google0.webp

When we are connected to my account, a screen appears as shown in the picture below. In this screen, we create a new Project.

google1.webp

We name the new Project. As in the picture below

google2.webp

We then edit the progeny credentials as shown in the following illustration. We need to write the correct information about the project completely.

google3.webp

We then create the OAuth client ID as follows. We call it a web application.

google4.webp

google5.webp

Once you have created the web client, download the web client 1 from the download button below the trash can. In the file you downloaded, in the Customer ID-ID section, the part corresponding to the code below is your code.

google6.webp

Also in the customer privacy section; fill in the code that corresponds to what you see in the picture below.

google7.webp

google8.webp

We press the Save button. Then let's test the connection. See if he works?

google9.webp

google10.webp

I hope it was worth it if it was small. Convenience for your studies.

Hi I just tried it with my XF 1.5.24 installation.

It seems that Google changed a lot inbetween.

First they do not allow anymore URLs with paths in it. So there is no possibility anymore to enter an URL like <XF board URL>/register/google

There is also no possibility anymore in XF/ACP to test the google integration. There is no link for it in ACP. Only FB and Twitter.

@Chris D

This has to by changed in the description here.

Second, if I enter only the domainname without the directory in which XF is installed, it seems to accept this and seems to work, but when I try to use it, I get an alert of Google, that Google+ is no longer available.

So what is then the purpose of this whole Google integration?

"Google Integration" allows your users to login/register with their Google accounts.

XenForo 1.x is no longer supported so we wouldn't be able to provide any assistance with setting it up. Furthermore, we're probably not going to be making any changes to the existing documentation for the same reasons. I don't think a decision has entirely been made, yet, but the documentation may actually cease to exist once XenForo 1.5 is completely end of life (security updates finish) in December.

There has been some changes at Google, though I believe the Google Integration should work in the latest XF 1.5 version.

We can only recommend upgrading to XF 2.1 at this point which is current and supported.

Top Bottom