1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does xenforo achieve pretty google search results?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Rho Delta, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Search 8wayrun for example. The way google displays the site description and pages is very pretty. What was the method used to achieve this? I am trying to get something similar to work on a drupal site I own but it does not look good at all in search results right now.

2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Those are called Site Links and it has nothing to do with the site running on xf.

3. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Using Google Webmasters, you can try to minimize the ranking of certain urls, but it's not possible (far as I know) to force the appearance of sitelinks in results. Snippets, you have a bit more control over.

4. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

How does it pick up the site description that we enter in the ACP? Mainly what I need is my site description to show up...

5. taylor_smith

taylor_smith Well-Known Member

Ah, that description is the snippet. You can suggest to Google what you'd like your snippet to be by adding your text in your title. E.g., <title>Stratics is proud to serve as a career path in gaming. We are a family - welcome home!</title> XF is set just to show your board title there, but if you'd like to add more to it, you can edit <title></title> in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

6. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

It's pulled directly from your title and meta tags on those pages.

7. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member