XF 2.1 How does one use Amazon SES with XF2.1?

joec

I'm currently looking for a way to implement Amazon SES as we convert from XF1.5.24 to XF2.1 for all mail sending. We've been using [bd] Mails, but we haven't seen a similar feature in XF2 or an applicable add-on.

What solutions have people found, or am I just looking in the wrong area on XF2.1?

Thank you in advance.

I have tried a number of solutions and I've settled on Sendy. I send out 60k emails a week via Sendy and Amazon, and it costs me cents as opposed to hundreds of dollars with a Mailchimp or equivalent.

I write emails in BeePro, then use a Zap to send them to Sendy ready to go. There are a couple of addons that add members to Sendy from xF but they are unreliable. I now do this manually. Once a week before I send emails I'll manually add new registrations to Sendy by way of a spreadsheet import. Takes about three minutes to export the addresses and import them into a spreadsheet before uploading to Sendy. We have very few unsubs and because all our mail goes through Sendy the unsubs are honoured.

I'm currently looking for a way to implement Amazon SES as we convert from XF1.5.24 to XF2.1 for all mail sending. We've been using [bd] Mails, but we haven't seen a similar feature in XF2 or an applicable add-on.

What solutions have people found, or am I just looking in the wrong area on XF2.1?

Thank you in advance.
1. Follow the instructions in SES to verify your domain / email accounts
2. Setup your email transport like so (your SMTP server host would vary depending on your region):
1563544655780.webp

If you want to support the bounce feature in XF there's some additional setup which I don't recall at this time.

I just wanted to confirm that these settings work, but even though the Amazon SES dashboard gives multiple ports that can be used, the connection would timeout with anything other than 587.

Trying to setup Amazon SES for my mail send, but the Test Outgoing Email function is showing an error:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-2.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)

Any hints on things to try?sendmail.webp

Trying to setup Amazon SES for my mail send, but the Test Outgoing Email function is showing an error:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-2.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] (code: 0)

Any hints on things to try?View attachment 296138

I had the same issue. Turns out I had SMTP access disabled on my server. So, you might try that. Also make sure you can use outgoing port 587.

I had the same issue. Turns out I had SMTP access disabled on my server. So, you might try that. Also make sure you can use outgoing port 587.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

I received this email from AWS today. Does this shed any light on my situation?

We have been attempting to verify the DKIM setup of royalenfieldowners.com for the last 3 days. We have not been able to detect the required DNS records in your DNS settings. If you still wish to use DKIM when sending through Amazon SES or Amazon Pinpoint, please confirm that the DNS records are present and retry the set-up process via the Amazon SES or Amazon Pinpoint console or the API.

For DKIM troubleshooting information, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/DKIM-problems.html .

Top Bottom