How do you use trophies?

jauburn

My users think they're silly--the default ones that comes with xenforo.

How do you modify "trophies"? Or do you use them? Would appreciate lessons learned.

Users >> trophies
Users >> Trophy User Titles

Modify accordingly to your preference.

I personally haven't modified them on my set yet but something I'll do in the future.

Users >> trophies
Users >> Trophy User Titles

Modify accordingly to your preference.

I personally haven't modified them on my set yet but something I'll do in the future.

Yeah, I know how to modify them. I was just wondering how people modified them to make them most effective/interesting.

yeah i agree its quite pointless. I believe the integration is lacking and should be closer to what the medals addon by xfrocks is about.

I use modified Trophies to display Icons in the user's post bit for each Trophy they earned. Most of the icons I use come from the Fat Cow Icon package.

For Example: moderator.webp is awarded automatically by the Trophy System to any user that is promoted to a Moderator. This icon then displays in their postbit.

I like to make little icons too. I'm by no means good at them the way some people are, but taking this for example:

Medal_Gold.webp

And this for example:

Gold.webp

I can then make an image that looks like this:

test.webp

Which I can then have the trophy system automatically award to any user that Wins one of our Events or something like that.

xenForo trophies system along with an awesome add-on by @Waindigo (the add-on linked in an earlier post on this thread).
You can see the implementation here - http://orojackson.com/help/trophies

Trophies are awarded to members for reaching certain milestones and completing certain tasks, "Trophy Points" which are awarded by trophies control user ranks on our forum. Our ranks go something like this (all ranks are based on characters for the anime/manga we are a fan community of)
Recruit.png
Chore%20Boy.png

Etc, and the more trophies the member keeps earning the more they earn trophy points and they rank up. Many forums base their ranks off post counts, or such. We add Post counts + likes + a few other things and let users rank up. It add's a sense of fun and accomplishment for the users, many of our members look forward to being promoted and such.

xenForo trophies system along with an awesome add-on by @Waindigo (the add-on linked in an earlier post on this thread).
You can see the implementation here - http://orojackson.com/help/trophies

Trophies are awarded to members for reaching certain milestones and completing certain tasks, "Trophy Points" which are awarded by trophies control user ranks on our forum. Our ranks go something like this (all ranks are based on characters for the anime/manga we are a fan community of)
Recruit.png
Chore%20Boy.png

Etc, and the more trophies the member keeps earning the more they earn trophy points and they rank up. Many forums base their ranks off post counts, or such. We add Post counts + likes + a few other things and let users rank up. It add's a sense of fun and accomplishment for the users, many of our members look forward to being promoted and such.
Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom