How do you like our Sway?

RichardGaspa

We are trying out a new feature and a new way of posting content on our site. It's called Sway. It is a new way of presenting content. It lets the author of the post embed photos, videos, sound and much more in a posting.

As a viewer, you can view the embedded content by moving your mouse over the heading and then scrolling down as you read and or view. You will also find a couple of tools to make your viewing experience much more enjoyable.

Here is a link to a post that was created by me in Sway. After clicking the link, it will take you directly to the message on Veterans Briefing.com

I suggest that you try viewing the thread (starter message only in Sway) both ways. I like the full view using the tool at the top of the posting the best. I would love to get comments on this new way of posting. Take the poll above the thread and let me know how you feel. Comments are always appreciated.

sway.webp

If I get any interest by other admins on how I done this using Sway I will go into more detail. I am using the sway permission for Admins and guest reporters only. Regular members are not allowed to use this feature. It will take installing one addon to XenForo and Sway. Want more information on Sway? Be glad to help ....

I'm interested!
Sway looks a great way for embedding presentations into a thread for further discussion and brainstorming.
Can you tell us more?

I'm interested!
Sway looks a great way for embedding presentations into a thread for further discussion and brainstorming.
Can you tell us more?
When I heard about the Microsoft Sway app, I had to give it a try. I’m already a big fan of presentation tools like Canva and Visme, but there’s something really clever about Sway. It’s one of the most recent apps from Microsoft and will be available as a native app for Windows 10 this year. Just yesterday, the Redmond tech giant announced the release of its new iPad version.

Here’s how it all works. Let’s say you want to communicate about a new business product in a way that has some graphic flare. Of course, you can hire a designer who knows how to build a website in HTML or shoot a video and post it on YouTube. Sway combines these activities into one tool that is so easy to use, it’s almost like making a greeting card using one of those free tools from HP. You add in a few elements — a chart, a video, a headline — and publish.

I like how Sway makes this so intuitive. Let’s say you hired a new-product manager. You could announce the new hire by creating a quick video, adding in some text, and maybe include some of her background and a few team photos. It’s now an online promo brochure.

Or what if you decide you want to start a charitable campaign of some kind, helping people who need a fresh water supply in Africa. You can add your logo, include some text about your efforts, and post the “brochure” on Facebook. One reason these tools are so popular is that there is so much content, you have to add some visual flair on social media or your messaging will be totally lost. Yet no one wants to pay an agency every time you have a piece of news to share.

Sway also has an extremely quick workflow — I created a site in about five minutes. Probably the only glitch I found is that, if you don’t already have a Microsoft email account, you have to go through a few more steps to register. (I’ve had a Hotmail account since dinosaurs walked the Earth, so I added my account and was up and running in a few seconds.)

The iPad app is also intuitive and, of course, supports finger input for selecting content and swiping through templates and options. You essentially create your content and can then share it directly to a social media site like Facebook or Twitter. You can also generate a custom Sway.com link which you can then share yourself in an email newsletter or on your own site. The app lets you invite others to collaborate on your “sways” and finish them up together.

If you try the tool out, let me know what you think because, for me, it’s worked really well and has an intuitive interface. I’m curious if you’re able to dive right in and start using it as easily.

Sway: Reimagine the way your ideas come to life.

If you try the tool out, let me know what you think because, for me, it’s worked really well and has an intuitive interface. I’m curious if you’re able to dive right in and start using it as easily.
Yes was fairly intuitive to start using, I like it and think it has good value. How did you go about embedding it within posts?

Yes was fairly intuitive to start using, I like it and think it has good value. How did you go about embedding it within posts?
After you create your Sway grab the embedding code and post it into your message using the bcc code in XenForo. see below. If you have any trouble, just an email away.

sway2.webp

Looks like it would be fairly trivial to turn that into a BB Code Media Site by the way.

Well, anyone, really :)

It looks like it's just:

Match URLs:
Code:
https://sway.com/{$id}

Embed HTML:
HTML:
<iframe width="760px" height="500px" src="https://sway.com/s/{$id}/embed" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border: none; max-width:100%; max-height:100vh" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Top Bottom