XF 2.0 How do you hide a subforum?

Darcness

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a particular permissions layout and can't seem to for the life of me. How do I make a forum not show up in the category list without that evil little Private Forum button?

Here's a more concrete example. I have the following forum structure:

Category 1
- Forum 1
-- Forum 2
-- Forum 3
- Forum 4

I would like the following permissions:
Guests can see Category 1 and Forum 4 within it.
Members can see Category 1, Forum 1, Forum 2, and Forum 4.
SuperMembers can see it all (Category 1, Forum 1, Forum 2, Forum 3, and Forum 4).

Here's the thing I can't figure out: Guests should not see 'Forum 1 (Private)'. I don't want them to know that Forum 1 even exists. How do I do it?

For 2.0, in admin you go to Forums > Node Permissions > Forum 1 > select guest . In there you can select View Node - No
There may be other settings but this works for me. The only thing to watch is that you are not checking it in admin view. If you go to New Incognito Window you should be able to see if it works for guests, ie people who aren't signed in. Edit - I don't have subforums so maybe it's different?

For 2.0, in admin you go to Forums > Node Permissions > Forum 1 > select guest . In there you can select View Node - No
There may be other settings but this works for me. The only thing to watch is that you are not checking it in admin view. If you go to New Incognito Window you should be able to see if it works for guests, ie people who aren't signed in. Edit - I don't have subforums so maybe it's different?
... I could have sworn...

I mean, I tried that. 3 times! But... it works now.

Thank you.

Top Bottom