1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get a great developer?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =MGN=RedEagle, Oct 3, 2013.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am looking to invest into building a social networking app. I should have enough to hire all the talent I need to get started (or at least I hope I do). How does one go about finding a great developer? I am really looking for a potential fonder who loves to code and believes in my vision. That's not something you guys could help with. However, I would love any tips I can get on stuff I should be looking for (on the side of skills and stuff) or watching out for. Any clues would be of help.

Love your tips!
  2. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

0xym0r0n and Adam Howard like this.
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'd 2nd this as well.

I'd also add @Chris Deeming, but he should in theory be busy right now updating his Media Gallery add-on. So I don't know if he has any free time. :p
    Nobita.Kun likes this.
  4. =MGN=RedEagle

Ahh, yes. I need someone who believes in my vision though and is willing to go in with me (maybe partner in business) so thats not something I can get advice on. I just need tips, what are the marks of a great developer? More looking for traits and advice than a person.
  5. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

For me, all good :) Because they help for me a lot ;)
  6. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

@FaithFirst get in touch with @Bob B and @xfrocks as well as the others mentioned on here. The only issue is that these guys are dead busy with current work.
    Nobita.Kun likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

In that case, only you can answer this question. Because only you can decide what is right or wrong in a single individual persona.
  8. =MGN=RedEagle

I guess. Anyone had to hire a developer here before for a 3-6 month project?
    SneakyDave likes this.