How do you display banner ads on your site?

Andy.N

I have Wordpress and Xenforo and I'm looking for examples/idea of how to best display a leaderboard and a rectangular (300x250).

I have looked at some major sites but none of them have a matching front page and forum so what works for the Wordpress may not be so for the forum and vice versa.

If you have any links some nicely implemented placement or your own suggestion, I'd love to see it.

I have Wordpress and Xenforo and I'm looking for examples/idea of how to best display a leaderboard and a rectangular (300x250).

I have looked at some major sites but none of them have a matching front page and forum so what works for the Wordpress may not be so for the forum and vice versa.

If you have any links some nicely implemented placement or your own suggestion, I'd love to see it.

Not your sizes, but hopefully an idea

xen.p8ntballer.com

I have leaderboard and 300x250 ads on SplendidPoint but it's only forum and does not have wordpress. Generally speaking your leaderboard should be above the fold and your 300x250 should be "out of the way" of your user so as not to disrupt his browsing. My favorite place for 300x250 is at the sidebar ATF.

I have leaderboard and 300x250 ads on SplendidPoint but it's only forum and does not have wordpress. Generally speaking your leaderboard should be above the fold and your 300x250 should be "out of the way" of your user so as not to disrupt his browsing. My favorite place for 300x250 is at the sidebar ATF.
The sidebar rectangular is not a concern. Where to put the leaderboard is more important. I don't like "in your face" big banner and under navigation seems too prominent a location for me.

The sidebar rectangular is not a concern. Where to put the leaderboard is more important. I don't like "in your face" big banner and under navigation seems too prominent a location for me.

Well it also depends on the type of the banner. If it's CPM then you can put it possibly midway, or at the top header beside logo. That won't see much CTR but it's all right for a CPM banner. A CPC banner needs to be below Navbar, else there's really little point of giving all that space to a leaderboard banner when it will not attract clicks.

If it's a CPM banner, you should check out with your advertiser whether he is ok with placing it Blow the fold. Usually BTF banners would get you lower CPM but if your impressions are very high you may be willing to sacrifice some revenue for better user experience. In that case above footer would be a nice place to put it.

Top Bottom