How do you cure bookworms?

If everybody that visited your forum never posted and just read instead in that case, what would be the point of running a forum board?

^^ This

I was averaging about 300 new post per day & have 55,000 post, 5,000 topics. Not bad for a forum which is less then 1 year old.

But recently it seems as though everyone logs in and reads... I watched for 2 days and noticed where members are (viewing the who is online)... Reading... Just reading. This has been going on for about 1 week now.

I've posted thread topics and so have a few other users, but the majority is reading. If you visit my site (this moment)... There is 40 members logged in online (not counting guest)... All reading... And 5 actually writing (6 if you count the 1 noob who just joined).

I don't mean that every single person should join and post, you do get some that have never used a forum before and are nervous about doing so. I just mean generally speaking lurkers that read and never post are not such a good thing for community because they're never contributing towards it to help things grow.

^ This is what I'm worried about

The usage -vs- bookworm has become noticeable. It's not guest, but members logging in and just reading. Not quickly and leaving, which I guess is good as they are staying on the site. But reading for 30 minutes at a time.

We have a forum completely dedicated to anonymous / guest post. It's been used anonymously only 1x :p
I am talking more about logged in members being able to post "cloaked" anytime anywhere.
Not just in one forum.

Isn't forcing me to post under my registered account hindering my free speech ? Is that a form of censorship ?

What percentage of your users login via facebook ? Are they the perpetual readers ?

One problem might be ... what exactly is your site ?
Are you really guiding people / teaching about an uncensored world ?
What could I learn about an uncensored world on your site ?
What are the top 5 things you are trying to teach people about ?
When I click "recent threads" I am not sure the thread titles match the "Slogan" of your site ?

I like your simple Xenporta homepage. Blog is nice too. I like the recent blog entries list on this page - http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/index.php?forum/ - Great site !

Top Bottom