How Do You Change AdminCP Options Through phpMyAdmin?

DRE

How To Change AdminCP Options Through phpMyAdmin?

I just installed an addon that screwed my site up so bad I couldn't even uninstall it or reupload it or reinstall.

I only need to change ONE option in Admincp/options and I don't see where to do it in phpMyAdmin.

It's in the xf_option table. You need to know the id of the option you're willing to change. Then you must update the value using binary data because the option_value column is a binary field (blob).

Reactions: DRE
Specifically, it's the xf_data_registry table with data_key = options (contains serialized data, normally you can't directly edit this). The registry caches the options. The source data is in the xf_option table.

Okay so I deleted the addon from the server then looked for the tables that had the addon for example xfa_blog etc

How do I hunt down all of it's tables by searching for 'xfa_' because I click my database and search and type 'xfa_' I get no results.

For a manual uninstall I would look at the install code for the addon to see what tables it created. The install callback is in the XML file for the addon. Example:

Rich (BB code):
<addon addon_id="NodesAsTabs" title="Nodes As Tabs" version_string="1.1.3" version_id="101030" url="http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/" install_callback_class="NodesAsTabs_Install" install_callback_method="install" uninstall_callback_class="NodesAsTabs_Install" uninstall_callback_method="uninstall">

Top Bottom