1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Change AdminCP Options Through phpMyAdmin?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DRE, Sep 29, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How To Change AdminCP Options Through phpMyAdmin?

I just installed an addon that screwed my site up so bad I couldn't even uninstall it or reupload it or reinstall.

I only need to change ONE option in Admincp/options and I don't see where to do it in phpMyAdmin.

2. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

It's in the xf_option table. You need to know the id of the option you're willing to change. Then you must update the value using binary data because the option_value column is a binary field (blob).

8thos likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Specifically, it's the xf_data_registry table with data_key = options (contains serialized data, normally you can't directly edit this). The registry caches the options. The source data is in the xf_option table.

8thos likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Okay so I deleted the addon from the server then looked for the tables that had the addon for example xfa_blog etc

How do I hunt down all of it's tables by searching for 'xfa_' because I click my database and search and type 'xfa_' I get no results.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For a manual uninstall I would look at the install code for the addon to see what tables it created. The install callback is in the XML file for the addon. Example:

Code:
    <addon addon_id="NodesAsTabs" title="Nodes As Tabs" version_string="1.1.3" version_id="101030" url="http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/" install_callback_class="NodesAsTabs_Install" install_callback_method="install" uninstall_callback_class="NodesAsTabs_Install" uninstall_callback_method="uninstall">

8thos likes this.