1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How do you add images to posts?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Linda Lee, May 18, 2014.

1. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

I need to be able to just click and upload images. The way it looks to me now is I have to upload my images somewhere else and then drop in the url. Is that correct?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Use the Upload a File button.

3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

This is the location of the "Upload a File" button.

pic001.jpg

Amaury likes this.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Or you can also copy a image to clipboard and paste it into the editor.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No need to even paste it in a clipboard. Just hit Print Screen and then right click in the editor and choose Paste. You can also use CTRL + V to paste.

6. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Err..Print screen copies your whole viewing area. What I described is right click a image, copy then paste into the editor. Clipboard is a 'virtual' term related to the copying of text or images.

Amaury likes this.
  7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I had to change the phrase on my forum from "Upload a File" to "Add Photos" it made more sense since my members only upload image files, that little confusion is a thing of the past.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Except it's for more than just uploading images. What's going to happen when they want to upload documents?

9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If the OP has restricted file uploads to images only and that's all that members do anyway then it makes sense to change the phrase to Add Photos.

10. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

In 6 plus years no one has ever uploaded anything but images.. And frankly I'd rather answer how to upload a document once a year as opposed to how to upload images multiple times a week.

Rushster likes this.
  11. Linda Lee

Linda Lee Member

Gosh thank you everyone! I would honestly have not of even known that was for photos. Using WP for so long, I too only think of file upload as documents.

12. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Nope. Pictures are also files. :)