RM 1.1 How do these resource manager settings work?

WCFA

After searching the forum for a few days, I guess I need to see if I can get some help.

Resources :
I can see that these create prefixes and groups in the RP one, I have no idea what the RF could get it to show any affect in my RM.
What I was trying to do was set user groups that could only post under certain categories, but to where all could still see them, but either that not an option or I cant figure how it works, if its not a opttion then I have no clue what these two setting links do.
I setup a test user and user group to test prefixes and do not see a way to make them act any different other then color tags. Didnt seem to change anything.
The help menu at XF does not cover the above options or even mentions them, so I have no idea how to manipulate them. If some one could give a break down it would be appreciated.

Resource prefixes are pretty much identical in concept to thread prefixes. You use them to allow semi-structured grouping within a category (as prefixes can be filtered) or to draw attention to certain elements.

Resource fields are custom fields (like custom user fields) for resources. You define them to add more structured components to your resources.

If you're looking for category-level permissions, they're set like node-level permissions: there's a "permissions" link on the category list in the control panel.

Resource prefixes are pretty much identical in concept to thread prefixes. You use them to allow semi-structured grouping within a category (as prefixes can be filtered) or to draw attention to certain elements.

Resource fields are custom fields (like custom user fields) for resources. You define them to add more structured components to your resources.

If you're looking for category-level permissions, they're set like node-level permissions: there's a "permissions" link on the category list in the control panel.
Ok cool got it, I didnt realize they were setup the same way as the others, didn't want to assume and had no crossed my mind.
I knew it was something simple.
Appreciate the help on that .

Top Bottom