1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How do I the text color of individual tabs in the navbar?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Dongler, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Dongler

Dongler New Member

I'm hoping to only change one tab's color, and one individually.
    How would I change the text color of only one tab?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Each tab has its own class.
    For Forums for example:
    .navTab.forums {
    background-color: red;
    Shelley likes this.
  3. Dongler

Dongler New Member

Thanks for the help!
    But, how would I change the text color?
    I tried, but it didn't work for me.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

For those that want the colours to remain static when menus are opened/closed and selected the following using the appropriate classes would work well. Thought I'd post as it might benefit some but use the following as an example.

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed.members .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen.members .navLink,.navTabs .navTab.selected.members .navLink{color: red; background-color: green;}
    .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed.forums .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen.forums .navLink,.navTabs .navTab.selected.forums .navLink{color: yellow; background-color: blue;}
    .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed.Bookmarks .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen.Bookmarks .navLink,.navTabs .navTab.selected.Bookmarks .navLink{color: violet; background-color: lime;}
    .navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed.showcase .navLink, .navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen.showcase .navLink,.navTabs .navTab.selected.showcase .navLink{color: black; background-color: orange;}
    output to that is as follows