XF 1.1 How do I prevent the Alerts flag from disappearing when I don't have a chance to read them all?

HydraulicJack

There are a LOT of threads that I want to track, so it's not unusual for me to have 20-100 Alerts in my list when I see the red balloon over the Alerts link in the upper right corner, to the right of the Inbox.

But as soon as I click that Alerts link, even if I DON'T get a chance to read them all, I lose all of the flags to the unread posts. This is extremely frustrating!

How do I configure the settings so that I don't lose that entire list? That is, configure so that the red Alert balloon stays on my Alerts list link and the red balloon reflects the number of remaining alerts either not read or not intentionally dismissed?

This is one design issue that has frustrated me from the very beginning of using otherwise excellent forum software.

Thanks MJC, I was afraid of that.
Unfortunately I don't see a way to extend the meaning of "recent".
When I travel then come back to my forum I know a number of Alerts have slipped off the radar that I may have wanted to respond to!

I'll post a feature request to that effect.

Hours to Retain Viewed Alerts in Popup The alert popup will show all unviewed alerts, plus any viewed alerts that were viewed within the time frame (in hours) before now. Note that the total amount shown in this popup is limited to no more than 25.

Hours to Retain Viewed Alerts in Popup The alert popup will show all unviewed alerts, plus any viewed alerts that were viewed within the time frame (in hours) before now. Note that the total amount shown in this popup is limited to no more than 25.
I noticed this too and think it'd be nice to have more than 25 hours as an option.

Top Bottom