1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How do I list the moderators for a forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Stuart Wright, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Today I advised a member to contact a moderator of the forum they have an issue with.
    But they asked me where to find the list of moderators, and you know what? I can't find one. Is there one?

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Within the core of the software, you can't list them publicly, and I think only you would be able to see them in the ACP.

There is an add on which allows you to display them: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/h-moderatorview.23/

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I edit the category description to add them.

upload_2013-11-2_23-37-51.png

4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

You could also do it via EXTRA something like the following (might be tedious work though if you have tons of forums and do it via css and forum ID

Though username wouldn't be linkable/clickable.

Code:
    .node.node_18 .nodeStats:after {content: "Moderator: Shelley"; float: right;}
    Screenshot_26.png

Breixo and Allan like this.
  5. Stuart Wright

Our moderators change too frequently to hard code them in there. Plus we have about 60 mods and supermods. I think the best place to put the info is in a drop-down box at the bottom of the page.
    temp1.jpg

AzzidReign likes this.
  6. myco-tek.org

myco-tek.org Member

Man, I hadn't thought of that. It is a little on the manual side but what a great fix.... And it doesn't require adding any extra addons.

Best part is the fact you can link them to the moderators profile page if you use the correct html code!

ACP view.png forum view.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  7. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

This would be great. I'm in the same boat...moderators change frequently and would be nice for an automatic display of mods.

Breixo likes this.
  8. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

9. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

10. Stuart Wright

11. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Optimally there would be a moderator icon on the forum list, which would show the related moderators on Hovering or onclick.