How do I know where to find the code to edit?

Hilmer

Hi Guys

I have had a lot of questions about styling and I am so so happy for all the help I have got in here.

Now I have had the same problem for a week, and nobody seems to have the answer. I have tried to get an answer in the add-on forum but no one in there seems to have a solution :(

Is there a way to see, which template/style to edit to make something change in the Xenforo?

In this case I would like to know how to find the template/style that controls the white area below the picture, and the text in it, so I can change the colors. This is the [XFR] User Albums add-on but I don't think that matters.

gallery.webp

I hope one of you can help me whit this challenge:)

All the best
Morten

Hi Guys

I have had a lot of questions about styling and I am so so happy for all the help I have got in here.

Now I have had the same problem for a week, and nobody seems to have the answer. I have tried to get an answer in the add-on forum but no one in there seems to have a solution :(

Is there a way to see, which template/style to edit to make something change in the Xenforo?

In this case I would like to know how to find the template/style that controls the white area below the picture, and the text in it, so I can change the colors. This is the [XFR] User Albums add-on but I don't think that matters.

View attachment 25308

I hope one of you can help me whit this challenge:)

All the best
Morten
Search is just friend. There is a "search templates" options in the admincp. While I was getting familiarized with everything I used to view the source code, check the code near the area I wanted to edit, and just searched for it in the ACP.

It is easier if you search for css class names (as long as they are unique, "secondaryContent" would not be that useful), and when you search do not do whole blocks because the whitespace will make your search futile.

This should turn all the text white and the background black. You can adjust the colors to suit.

Add to extra.css and let me know if something isn't right.

Code:
#LbComments .textHeading {
color: white !important;}

#LbImageContent .muted, #LbImageContent a.muted, #LbImageContent .muted a {

#LbImageContent a {

#LbComments {
background-color: black !important;}

#LbImageContent.primaryContent {
background-color: black !important;}

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
.xenOverlay #LbImageContent,
.xenOverlay #LbComments
{
	background-color: red;
}

That will change the white background color.

edit - ninjas!

Thanks SO much for the help.

Jake: I tried your code, but it didn't change any color(n) But thanks a lot for your time.

Rigel: Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the view code but I don't think I am skilled for that just yet. That was a LONG document with a lot of code and I really couldn't figure out where to look for the white box. I will try this some more and hopefully I will be able to help myself one day:)
clear.png

Steel: Wow - that did the trick. Thank you very much(y) If you have the time to answer I really would like to know how you figured that out? I really wish to be better to do the customization so I don't have to ask for everything. Do you use the same technic as Rigel?

Once again - thank you all of you - now I have a nice user album ;)

All the best Morten.

Top Bottom