1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How do I find a user's ID number?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by wardsweb, Dec 7, 2015.

1. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

I want to add another user to the config file for super admin. I need his user number to do this.

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

From the forum itself, just go to the user's profile page. Their user id is at the end of the URL after their username. Similarly in the ACP, if you look up a user you will see their user id in the URL after their name.

3. wardsweb

wardsweb Member

Thank you. It took a bit to find because when I go to the user's profile page, the URL still reads forums/index.php until I click on the address bar and then the URL updates showing the user name and ID number.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There's something not right there, it shouldn't do that.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Some browsers only show a portion of the URL until clicked, it's possible he doesn't have friendly URLs on.

6. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Safari only shows the domain when viewing a page until you click the address bar ;)

7. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Oh, that's the problem.. download Chrome. Thank me later.

Amaury and Jake B. like this.
  8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

It is as simple as ticking off the following option and the need of Chrome goes away like at the speed of... the wind.

upload_2015-12-7_19-57-47.png

9. Jake B.

I will agree. Especially if he's using Safari on Windows since it hasn't been updated since around 2007 ;)

[sarcasm]Safari for mac isn't *terrible*, I mean it's pretty innovative with it's icon on tabs for which are playing sound, and it's pinned tabs that they added to the latest version[/sarcasm]

10. Jake B.

I don't think that's the specific reason he was suggesting Chrome ;)

Daniel Hood and Andrej like this.
  11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Or Firefox.