How do I empty / reset XFMG so I can re-import from [xfr] User Albums?

CTXMedia

I've done a test import from [xfr] User Albums and it went well, but I hadn't set-up the options in XFMG and need to re-import.

How do I empty / reset XFMG?

Do I need to manually delete the media files from the server?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Uninstalling the add-on would mark the files to be removed. It can actually take 24 hours before the files are physically removed from the file system.

You can re-import straight away. I'm just setting the expectations that the files of the original import may stick around for longer than you may have expected. You won't see them in the gallery or anything, but the files hang around on the file system for a little while.

You can re-import straight away. I'm just setting the expectations that the files of the original import may stick around for longer than you may have expected. You won't see them in the gallery or anything, but the files hang around on the file system for a little while.

Okay, thanks Chris. I'm re-importing now but it hasn't solved the problem I was trying to resolve.

I'd originally imported with the default setting of using the filename as the title; I modified the settings to disable this and re-imported, hoping it would use the descrption - but it's still using the filename:

Imported into XFMG:

upload_2014-12-5_1-8-55.webp

Original in [xfr] User Albums:

upload_2014-12-5_1-10-41.webp

Have I got the settings wrong, or is this not how the importer works?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yeah the importer does it that way deliberately.

We actually had problems importing the descriptions as titles due to their potential length (causing code 400 errors because the URL was too long).

In theory it could be possible to use a query to set the media_title field to be the media_description, but I wouldn't recommend it. The titles could be edited by the uploaders as another solution. It's also possible to mass edit media titles and descriptions using inline moderation.

Top Bottom