How do I edit just link colors?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 2163
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 2163

What's the best XF way to change link colors. Right now they're using @primaryMedium, but there are other things using this color as well that don't look good (with that color being used).

I'd like to override the color of the links in content, like/reply links, etc.

In your xenforo.css template
From there just replace @primaryMedium with #whatevercoloryouwant

Click save. Now head over to your showthread area, what's next? It's pure magic ;)

Thanks! I'm curious though, why they didn't include a section to change link colors, etc. It's just not so obvious.

Heh, wish I'd seen this earlier. Went about it a different way - I changed the primary medium to the color I wanted the links to be, then changed the background/header in the area I found to do that. :P

Thanks! I'm curious though, why they didn't include a section to change link colors, etc. It's just not so obvious.

It might be because of this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-1-released.4858/

Notes

Due to unforseen circumstances, we have been unable to move portions of the CSS that drives the XenForo style into the Style Properties system as planned. However, this task is near the top of our priority list and we expect the style to be fully propertised in the next beta release, which we will make in the coming days.

As a result, we would advise customers to play with the style system in order to familiarize themselves with its workings, but to be aware that the underlying CSS will be changing in significant ways in the very near future.

Heh, wish I'd seen this earlier. Went about it a different way - I changed the primary medium to the color I wanted the links to be, then changed the background/header in the area I found to do that. :p

I'm not even sure anymore what I've changed to get what effect, for awhile there I was just throwing a #FF0000 into anything I couldn't figure out so I could track it down that way, and now I don't remember what templates I did it on. :D

Top Bottom