1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I edit just link colors?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by brendanc, Oct 8, 2010.

1. brendanc

brendanc Active Member

What's the best XF way to change link colors. Right now they're using @primaryMedium, but there are other things using this color as well that don't look good (with that color being used).

I'd like to override the color of the links in content, like/reply links, etc.

anotheralias and Chimpie like this.
  2. MrBrian

MrBrian Active Member

In your xenforo.css template
    Code:
    pre, textarea
    {
    word-wrap: normal;
    }
    a:link,
    a:visited
    {
    color: @primaryMedium;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

From there just replace @primaryMedium with #whatevercoloryouwant

Click save. Now head over to your showthread area, what's next? It's pure magic ;)

3. brendanc

brendanc Active Member

Thanks! I'm curious though, why they didn't include a section to change link colors, etc. It's just not so obvious.

4. Phases

Phases Active Member

Heh, wish I'd seen this earlier. Went about it a different way - I changed the primary medium to the color I wanted the links to be, then changed the background/header in the area I found to do that. :p

anotheralias likes this.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It might be because of this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-1-released.4858/

Chimpie and anotheralias like this.
  6. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure anymore what I've changed to get what effect, for awhile there I was just throwing a #FF0000 into anything I couldn't figure out so I could track it down that way, and now I don't remember what templates I did it on. :D