XF 2.2 How do I edit the page that displays when the forum is down?

Mave

Would like to update this page.
Thanks in advance!
Also: I'm aware that this will only work for people who have already visited the forum.

Thanks! Any way to preview this without the server actually going down?
That's actually kind of a misnomer... if the server is actually down, then there is no HTTP(S) pages being served, so you won't get that error.
You will simply get a generic web browser error of the page not being able to be reached. The above page is given when there is a "problem" in serving up the link that is requested in some cases.
There is also a separate phrase for when you have the forum closed.

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 2.15.32 AM.webp

That's actually kind of a misnomer... if the server is actually down, then there is no HTTP(S) pages being served, so you won't get that error.
You will simply get a generic web browser error of the page not being able to be reached. The above page is given when there is a "problem" in serving up the link that is requested in some cases.
Hmm I must be confused then, I do see this page from time to time. But can't recall if this is because apache stopped running, or because my own device has lost internet access.

Hmm I must be confused then, I do see this page from time to time. But can't recall if this is because apache stopped running, or because my own device has lost internet access.
Might be a good idea to note down the exact phrase it says and search for the phrase to edit it

If Apache stops.. you get NO HTTP connection... so it's integral to the XF script.

Top Bottom