How do I change the background color of the footer

Chimpie

How do I change the background color of the footer (where it lists the style name, contact us, home, top)? Can it only be done via CSS/Templates or is there a place to do so like the header?

Okay, but I've been searching there for awhile now and still haven't found it. The only footer I found was the Section Footer which is not it.

If I missing it, can you take a moment and specify where in the Style Properties it is? Thanks.

Okay, so the only place to edit the footer color is through the CSS/Templates correct?

If so, I think I'll make the suggestion to add the ability to change the footer color via the Style Properties: General section.

Okay, so the only place to edit the footer color is through the CSS/Templates correct?
Err, no.

It is changed in the Style Properties system in the ACP: @primaryMedium

If so, I think I'll make the suggestion to add the ability to change the footer color via the Style Properties: General section.
It already exists, as I have stated above :confused:

Go into the .footer css template and locate the following code:

Code:
.footer .pageContent
{
    background: @contentBackground;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 5px;
    overflow: hidden; zoom: 1;
    font-size: 11px;
}

I'm assuming you want the footer background to match the page background as I found when adjusting through the color palette would change the text resulting in the text and background being the same colour. Anyway, the footer.css template is where you want to be.

Brogan, you're stating the color. I'm asking how do you change the color of the footer.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you're saying.

Brogan, you're stating the color. I'm asking how do you change the color of the footer.
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you're saying.
I guess we must be.

I thought you meant the blue bar along the bottom?

footer.webp

I changed it to pink by adjusting @primaryMedium.

Err, no.

It is changed in the Style Properties system in the ACP: @primaryMedium

It already exists, as I have stated above :confused:
But if you change primaryMedium, that will change every other instance where PrimaryMedium is used.

@ Chimpie - following Shelley's instructions is what you want to do, if you're trying to accomplish what she said.

Thanks Peggy. What Shelley said was what I said from the beginning, just seeking clarification. That the only way to change the color of the footer is through the footer.css.

In my opinion, changing the primaryMedium is not practical as I may not want to change every other instance where it is used.

Thanks to all those the replied.

But if you change primaryMedium, that will change every other instance where PrimaryMedium is used.
Well that goes without saying.
He didn't say he didn't want the rest of the elements that use that colour to update :confused:

He asked how to change the footer colour.
My initial and subsequent responses were correct.

Thanks Peggy. What Shelley said was what I said from the beginning, just seeking clarification. That the only way to change the color of the footer is through the footer.css.

In my opinion, changing the primaryMedium is not practical as I may not want to change every other instance where it is used.

Thanks to all those the replied.

Which is why you'll have to venture into the css template and assign an existing or new class.

Top Bottom