XF 1.1 How do I change my sites url for my site....

Sean B.

Is there a way I can do this in my admincp and on my server?? if so how would I do it and what files and what part of the code in those files would I need to edit??

p.s. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to changing a url on my site, so sry if some of you get annoyed by questions like this.=/

Thank you guys!^ ^

Can you give an example of what you have now and what you want to change it to?

I think you're saying you want to move to a new domain you've purchased, which would be a webserver/dns thing.

Can you give an example of what you have now and what you want to change it to?

I think you're saying you want to move to a new domain you've purchased, which would be a webserver/dns thing.

well right now my domain is pokemon-unpluged but the word unplugged I made a mistake on when I bought the domain, if you look at the name unplugged carefully you'll see that I didn't add the second G, so basically what I want to do is edit the url by adding a second G to it so that its spelled correctly and sounds right.=/

This is more something you need to sort out with your host rather than a xenforo issue. If you own the new domain then they should be able to point it to your current files and you won't need to maky any changes to Xenforo itself.

Get in touch with you host :-)

This is more something you need to sort out with your host rather than a xenforo issue. If you own the new domain then they should be able to point it to your current files and you won't need to maky any changes to Xenforo itself.

Get in touch with you host :)
alright will do thank you so much for the reply and the help I really appreciate it a lot.:)

Nightshade the domain is a name that you rent by the year.
You also rent webspace for your pages.
It's like your home: the physical building and the legal address. You have to register them as a connection like when I changed my house name I registered it so post would get here.

The domain name and the webspace MAY be (for you) with the same host company.

You need to buy the new domain with the correct spelling.
Then you need to get the "nameservers" code for your webspace. The webspace company should give you that. It will probably be in their help section. It will look like this ns1.SITE.com and ns2.SITE.com

Then in your domain host site or section go to the new domain, look for Change nameservers. There'll be a form where you put those two codes.

Nightshade the domain is a name that you rent by the year.
You also rent webspace for your pages.
It's like your home: the physical building and the legal address. You have to register them as a connection like when I changed my house name I registered it so post would get here.

The domain name and the webspace MAY be (for you) with the same host company.

You need to buy the new domain with the correct spelling.
Then you need to get the "nameservers" code for your webspace. The webspace company should give you that. It will probably be in their help section. It will look like this ns1.SITE.com and ns2.SITE.com

Then in your domain host site or section go to the new domain, look for Change nameservers. There'll be a form where you put those two codes.

What are you trying to explain sry I'm crealy not understanding my brain is not awake.=)

Top Bottom