How do i backup my Website?

Tomitytom

Heya guys.

So im new to xenforo and i want to learn how to backup my entire website/forums. Lets say someone gained access to my admin control panel and wiped all of my templates and everything else back to default. How would i backup and restore? I have done some reading up but still not any clearer

Thank you.

Hello,

To back-up your style go to Appearance > Style > choose the style you wante to back-up > clic EXPORT and configure it

What is your admin control panel ?
If cPanel, you can backup your entire site (database, styles, files, avatars, attachments, etc)
Even FTP it to another location if needed.

What is your admin control panel ?
If cPanel, you can backup your entire site (database, styles, files, avatars, attachments, etc)
Even FTP it to another location if needed.

Hello Yes. It is cpanel that i use. Can you just confirm where i would need to go in cpanel to do this?

Thanks

To generate a full backup in cPanel:
  1. Log into cPanel.
  2. In the Files section, click on the Backups icon.
  3. Under Full Backup, click Generate/ Download a Full Website Backup.
  4. On the next page, select the option from the Backup Destination drop-down menu:
    Home Directory, it will place the backup in you home directory and then you can download to you PC later
    Remote FTP Server, it will upload it automatically to an FTP server.
    Secure copy SCP, it will upload it to another Server via SSH.
  5. For Email Address, select whether or not you wish to receive an email notification once the backup is complete. (You may also change the notification email address in the provided field if you wish.)
  6. Click Generate Backup.

Top Bottom