how do I add 'thread tools' ?

wcardinal

I'm working in version 1.1.2 - Trying to add the 'thread tools' that appears next to the 'watch thread' - I've tried it all - I can not seem to add this drop down for the moderators or the administrators.
help...

Patra

Nothing needs to be done to add it.

It should already be there.

If it isn't, then it sounds like you don't have the permissions set right.

Are the moderators added to the Moderators list? And admins in the Admins list?

Admin CP > Users > Moderators

Admin CP > Users > Administrators

hi thanks for the reply.
The admin/moderator are all set up. I'm a super admin and I do not see 'thread tools'. I think it's due to me deleting the group 'super moderator' - could that be the issue?

help...

Admin and Moderator roles are separate in XF; so even if you're a Super Admin you still don't see the moderator tools until you add yourself as a moderator too. (y)

you need to contact the site admin of the site where you're a mod and not a support ticket here at xenforo.com:d
That's not what he meant.

On his board he's Super Admin/Admin etc.

We suggested that he needed to make himself a moderator as well to see the Thread Tools. I believe his post was confirming that he is a moderator - therefore it should be working - therefore he's going to open a support ticket for assistance.

Thanks for your help and support.
I am a moderator... i think i need to put in a support ticket. Clearly this is not working.

I'd be happy to take a look for you, though to look at admin / moderator permissions it would need to be a Super Admin account :confused:

So if you want me to look, you could create one for me, or alternatively you could let me borrow your own username and password (via PM of course :p) and I'll gladly see what the problem is.

I'm sure it's something trivial. It might get you a solution quicker than waiting for a ticket.

Top Bottom