How do announcements appear?

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Are there any "announcement" threads anywhere?

I haven't seen one and I'd be interested to see how they look and fit in with the forums (and sub-forums).

There's no announcement functionality yet.

And, maybe just leave it that way? When vBulletin introduced the really great Notices functionality, I stopped using the dedicated Announcement functionality. I only posted 'Announcements' by hand in our Announcements forum, but for forum-specific 'Announcements' I started using the Notices system. Those were/are much more visible to the enduser compared to generated Announcements. And they are more flexible. So, please everbody, support this suggestion: :) vB-alike Notices System for xenForo !

And, maybe just leave it that way? When vBulletin introduced the really great Notices functionality, I stopped using the dedicated Announcement functionality. I only posted 'Announcements' by hand in our Announcements forum, but for forum-specific 'Announcements' I started using the Notices system. Those were/are much more visible to the enduser compared to generated Announcements. And they are more flexible. So, please everbody, support this suggestion: :) vB-alike Notices System for xenForo !
I agree, I would rather see a good-quality Notices system than Announcements. Although we don't really have to be comparing the features to vBulletin. I'm sure Kier and Mike will come up with a great feature/system to allow forum owners to post important messages and ensure that users view those messages. :)

For the record, we have not planned to add an announcements function that works in the same way as vBulletin's. We think the functionality can be achieved through other means.

ha, I'm not a Canadian and I fall over laughing.
jiggy.gif
We have Jim Carrey, it's to be expected. :P

Top Bottom