How Can I Help Admins?

=MGN=RedEagle

The web is a pretty awesome place with awesome people (including the community here at XF). I want to give back to the admin community a little and create something which many admins can enjoy.

I am looking to create something like a free website template or something which many can pass on and many will be helped by. I am also looking for something which will not need to be updated very often. I was thinking a WordPress template but those need to be updated.

What is something all community Admins love and need that I could build for them?

The web is a pretty awesome place with awesome people (including the community here at XF). I want to give back to the admin community a little and create something which many admins can enjoy.

I am looking to create something like a free website template or something which many can pass on and many will be helped by. I am also looking for something which will not need to be updated very often. I was thinking a WordPress template but those need to be updated.

What is something all community Admins love and need that I could build for them?
Whatever you feel you would do best at is normally a good start.

But if you really want to make something for the community, while also including your love for XenForo with Mozilla .....

Why not a Mozilla Persona add-on?

http://www.mozilla.org/persona/

Would love to be able to allow people to register and join using this :)

motivation.webp

Well I have always wanted an instant messenger I can integrate with XF
So it has a desktop client to download
For quick exchanges and site support

Well I have always wanted an instant messenger I can integrate with XF
So it has a desktop client to download
For quick exchanges and site support
Ooo, that is really a great idea as I have been looking for something like that myself. Might need to be updated though.

Ooo, that is really a great idea as I have been looking for something like that myself. Might need to be updated though.
If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: A good way to reduce the work you'd have to do is to use the open source Jabber IM protocol - that'll mean you can use most pre-existing IM clients (nearly all multi-IM desktop clients will support Jabber), and not have to deal with the actual IM side of things at all, just the XenForo integration. Personally, I'd love a Jabber-based live feed of what was happening on my forums, and the ability to IM people on my site would be really rather cool. Colour me interested!

I think some good admin tutorial could have the most far-reaching effect as they could apply to admins in general (not just XF users). I also will not need to keep maintaining it. Still brainstorming though. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Three requirements:
Helps admins
Does not need to be maintained (just in case I get busy I would like the product to keep being useful)
Can help many admins (not just XF users).

Top Bottom