XF 2.0 How can I get the most clean XF1 to XF2 Upgrade?

GoPluto

So I have attempted the upgrade on a test server with the original files/directory and database which is quite messy with all the addons, their files and custom stuff. And after upgrading I'm having these little style bugs/issues like smilies displaying their full size (huge) and buttons on the user card being weirdly shaped.

What's the best way I can do the cleanest upgrade possible whilst still preserving the main XF settings, post/urls but without a messy directory and no addon/style files lingering around.

Thanks

you know that xf1 add on not work on xf2?

Oh really? THEY DON'T!??? Oh no, what will I do :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:just joking

Of course I know this, but they still show up in the backend after upgrading and their files still remain in the directory regardless!

I want the upgraded site and the directory files to be as FRESH as possible. No old files lingering around in directories or the database. To eliminate any issues as mentioned.

There's an argument to be made for just leaving them where they are.

You could uninstall them from XF1 before the upgrade but that will remove their data from the database.

If you just leave them and the addon eventually gets updated to XF2, the data will exist in your database still and allow a upgrade.

There's an argument to be made for just leaving them where they are.

You could uninstall them from XF1 before the upgrade but that will remove their data from the database.

If you just leave them and the addon eventually gets updated to XF2, the data will exist in your database still and allow a upgrade.

Thanks, that's a fair point, one I hadn't considered. It makes sense now as to why they show up in the backend as 'outdated' - so they could be updated. I was under the impression there was no update route for addons from XF1 to XF2.

With that aside though, I may still want to just push ahead with a fresh upgrade... I don't want any old files in the directory or database potentially compromising site security or functionality. My site was very reliant on addons, so I want to revert back to a more 'stock XF' environment.

With that aside though, I may still want to just push ahead with a fresh upgrade...

If you are sure you won't want to upgrade in the future (if/when an addon dev does an upgrade) then I would uninstall in xf1 before the xf2 upgrade.

(You can uninstall in xf2, but I get the feeling it's not guaranteed to remove all data.)

After uninstalling it's just a matter of removing any of the addon files/folders which will generally be in /library/ /jas/ and/or /styles/

(I have copies of all my xf1 addons on my computer so I can check where their files are)

There are other (core xf1) files folders that you can delete.

See here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-in-the-download-package.139133/#post-1202741

BTW, you should not be getting the bugs/issues you mention in the OP, I doubt that is to do with old xf1 files hanging around - worth troubleshooting that separately IMO)

Top Bottom