How can I do this?

btilm305

I need to know if this is possible (with or without an already made addon). I want users to be able to post a new thread in one forum and for them to be able to see all threads posted in that forum. But I only want the original poster and moderators to be able to reply to any thread in this forum. How can I set it up to do this?

Use Permissions on the node tree (blue box on right) on the selected forum.
Use Revoke /orange to block post permissions to key registered groups except mods.

I think you'd need a new usergroup eg named OP, to give Yes permission on posting to the OP member.
[Edit] This is the only tricky bit. I'm not certain a Yes on a new usergroup for your OP would override Revoke on the forum permissions on any other group that user belonged to.

I need to know if this is possible (with or without an already made addon). I want users to be able to post a new thread in one forum and for them to be able to see all threads posted in that forum. But I only want the original poster and moderators to be able to reply to any thread in this forum. How can I set it up to do this?

You'll need an addon for that, however I'm not sure if one exists or not for what you want it to do.

btilm305 said:
This can be done by permissions. You need Create user group for that fourm.

Admincp ->Applications ->Note Tree ->Your forum category ->click permission (list of user groups )->Set Permissions( posting users groups,moderators set allow for post new thread,post replies and set revoke for all other user groups)

Your post isn't entirely clear, but assuming you only want authors to be able to reply to their own threads, it can't be done with permissions; as Biker correctly stated, an add-on is required.

This can be done by permissions. You need Create user group for that fourm.

Uhhh.. don't think so pilgrim. ;)
Once you give a user group reply permission, they can reply on ANY thread in that node. What he is wanting is that only the OP and moderators to be able to reply to the post (if I understood his post correctly).

Top Bottom