1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How can I delete a mass conversation imported from vB?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Joe Link, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

Back in 2010, running vB, I sent out a mass message to all of our members, 500 at a time. We've since converted to XF (obviously).

A member who hasn't been on since then just replied to the message, sending the replies to the 498 other members that I had originally sent the message.

My guess is this will probably have to be something done on the back end, but I need to delete this conversation. How can I do so?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately there isn't really an explicit way to do it. It's not something that's exposed to the UI anywhere. You can delete all conversations started by a user via the control panel -- it's a way to handle spam -- but that is unlikely to be usable in this case. I would very strongly advise not deleting the conversation via the database because there are a lot of relationships here.

You may be able to get away with going into the conversation and editing it to "lock" it.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike, locking the thread worked great :)