1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I change the connected users time out check

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AgoraNetworking, Oct 3, 2016.

1. AgoraNetworking

AgoraNetworking New Member

I don't know if these are the right words. In vBulletin i was able to change that time so the connected users seemed to be more because they made the check depending of the seconds you inserted in that field.

It helps a forum a lot to grown at the beginning so, is possible to do that in Xenforo also?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Search for Online Status Timeout in the Admin CP.
  3. AgoraNetworking

Done! Thanks!

I've seen that maximum is one hour... is correct?
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's correct. I think anything beyond that can cause problems with a larger number of users.
  5. AgoraNetworking

I see... well I have a large community (almost 100.000 users) in a vbulletin forum and i have set it in 3 hours without any problem. I will migrate that community to xenforo next january. The forums have to compete against social networks nowadays and is better if people "see" a lot of users connected... people attracts people. Would be great if you have that in mind for the next update. Is more a "marketing" trick than something needed but is very useful to attract new users.

Thanks for your help!