XF 1.2 How can I change the colors in the forum?

Tarzan

Red circles: I want them to be gray as the background
Yellow: I want it lighter gray if possible

Where can I change this? I've seen ALL the Styre property groups, I can't find it. Drives me crazy.

Attachments

• Colors.webp
    Colors.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 66
Thanks.

Editing @contentBackground worked.
Editing @primaryLightest did not work, does anything override this?

You might have customized the style properties for those areas, which, by default, pull styling from @primaryLightest.

Do you have the Breadcrumb and Secondary Content style properties customized?

No need for custom CSS. This can be accomplished with style properties.

That is an opinion. I see no need to use the style properties, it can be accomplished quicker with css (opinions work 2 ways). And technically editing a style property IS customizing css...there is no difference.

Yes, Amaury fixed it. Thanks! There was actually a color inside that box in Secondary Content - Background. I've changed it to my likings, and it worked!

Now. The white in this picture is still there, where to edit this?
And for the Search box, where to change that from black to white?

I have tried in EXTRA.css:

#QuickSearch .textCtrl:focus
{
background-color: #ffffff !important;
}

Attachments

• WhiteToChange.webp
    WhiteToChange.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 36
That is an opinion. I see no need to use the style properties, it can be accomplished quicker with css (opinions work 2 ways). And technically editing a style property IS customizing css...there is no difference.

Custom CSS can potentially break styles, either because you update to a newer version of the forum software or because you made a mistake. There is no way that can happen with style properties.

Yes, Amaury fixed it. Thanks! There was actually a color inside that box in Secondary Content - Background. I've changed it to my likings, and it worked!

Now. The white in this picture is still there, where to edit this?
And for the Search box, where to change that from black to white?

I have tried in EXTRA.css:

#QuickSearch .textCtrl:focus
{
background-color: #ffffff !important;
}

Looking at your earlier screenshot, it looks like your Breadcrumb style property is set to a clear value. Click on the background box, select Color Palette, and select @primaryLightest.

Custom CSS can potentially break styles, either because you update to a newer version of the forum software or because you made a mistake. There is no way that can happen with style properties.

Changing a color on .discussionListItem is not going to break anything... what are you trying to imply?

Please do not high jack the thread. Thanks for your input, but I found the other solution better at choice.
LOL this is not highjacking a thread.

I supplied an answer and someone else replied for you instead of letting you explore the option for yourself. He also said something that is not true and I stood my ground. By all means continue with your show here.

Fixed. The issue was in the breadcrumb.css template.

Code:
.breadcrumb
{
   font-size: 11px;
   background-color: rgb(221, 221, 221);
   background-repeat: repeat-x;
   background-position: top;
   overflow: hidden;
   zoom: 1;
   max-width: 100%;
   height: 30px;

}

He had the white background hard-coded as #DDDDDD, as seen above. I changed it to @primaryLightest.

Red Circles: Change the colors

The search box on the forum: Current background inside the box=black, want: white.

Attachments

• ThreadTitleandUserName.webp
    ThreadTitleandUserName.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 31
  1. For the links, edit the Primary Content Link and Secondary Content Link style properties.
  2. For the search bar, edit @textCtrlBackground in the color palette.

Top Bottom