1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I add this slider to my forum?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trombones13, May 29, 2011.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

(originally brought up here)
    While I like the Topslide add-on that I currently have installed, I'd like to get one with more features, such as the one that was recommended in the linked post above. However...I have no idea how to install that on my forum (I want it in the header like the current one is set up--what I'm missing from the current one includes captions, the different transitions, and the ability to select which slide I want). Can anyone instruct me as to how to install it (or make an add-on for it, lol)? :)
  2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Trombones13 likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's a bit more difficult to figure out which template to put stuff in on XF, than it was on vB.
    IMO, anyway.
  4. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Maybe I should release it as an addon huh :p

But its very very hacky my mum would kill me if she saw the code...
    iTuN3r and ArnyVee like this.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How can I find out which template to edit?
    Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
    <div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
    <div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

ArnyVee and Peggy like this.
  6. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Ah, yes; I had bookmarked the Dynamic Drive ones as well--I'll see if I can find a good one to use in there. :)
  7. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Well you can always improve it once you get new ideas & yes you should release it .
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member